Art and Design
Art and Design The children from Year 1 to Year 6 follow the Rise Academy Trust Art and Design curriculum. The curriculum covers a range of skills; colour, line, portraits, landscape, architecture, light, still life and form, stencils and print making and style in art. The children study a range of artists throughout their time form Year 1 to Year 6.
The Art and Design curriculum links to the National Curriculum for Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2. Our pupils enjoy the benefit of using our extensive school grounds to support their learning in Art and Design and the use of our well-equipped school hub.
Our Art and Design curriculum develops skills in
- Making: painting, drawing, printing, creating 2 & 3D art and crafting
- Generating ideas and taking inspiration from a range of artists and crafts people
- Formal elements: colour, form, line, pattern, shape, texture and tone
- Knowledge of artists' work and techniques
- Evaluating: critiquing their own work and that of others