Art and Design
Our Art and Design curriculum introduces the children to a range of artists.
During their time with us, the children will revisit familiar artists and each year group, will be introduced to a new piece of the artist’s work.
Children use a range of media and are taught specific skills to use media and to express their ideas through a range of experiences.
Our Art and Design programme introduces the children to six aspects of art learning throughout a two year rolling programme.
Our Art and Design curriculum develops skills in
- Making: painting, drawing, printing, creating 2 & 3D art and crafting
- Generating ideas and taking inspiration from a range of artists and crafts people
- Formal elements: colour, form, line, pattern, shape, texture and tone
- Knowledge of artists' work and techniques
- Evaluating: critiquing their own work and that of others