Welcome to the PTA section.
Next meeting to be confirmed.
PTA Easy Fund Raising - Jan 2021
The PTA raised £33.21 via the Easy Fund Raising Website.
PTA Christmas Fayre
Thank you to everyone who supported the Christmas Fayre. In total £580 was raised for PTA funds.
Design a Christmas Jumper Competition
A total of £34.01 was raised for the PTA from this competition.
The school year 2018/2019 saw the school’s PTA run 11 events. Donations back to the school include:
Total Donations £875
Money raised from events so far in 2018/19 included:
Total Raised £796.39
This event raised £104.89
PTA Coffee Morning, Tombola and Raffle
Thank you to everyone who supported the PTA coffee morning, tombola and raffle in April. The total raised was a fantastic £247.19
Congratulations to all the raffle winners which included: Summer Williams, Ellis Marvesley and Thomas Keyte.
PTA Bag 2 School Collection
Thank you to everyone who donated their unwanted clothing. The PTA raised £28.00 for the collection in April.
PTA Christmas Quiz
Congratulations to the Haines family who won the Christmas Quiz. They won a pair of tickets to the pantomime at the Demontfort Hall.
PTA Coffee Morning
Our Coffee morning has raised £81.00. Thank you to all those who attended.
PTA Beetle Drive
Thank you to everyone who supported the PTA's Beetle Drive. Congratulations to Noah who won the afternoon with an overall score of 341 points!
The PTA and church fund raising team have joined forces to “design a Christmas jumper for the Vicar” competition. Thank you to all those that made a donation. The total raised was £135.71.
Congratulations to Jacob Ramsbottom who was the winner of the Christmas Jumper competition.
Thank you to everyone that supported the coffee morning on Friday 5th October. We raised £90.45 which will be split between PTA funds and Macmillan.
The school year 2017/2018 saw the school’s PTA regroup and begin fundraising again after a break of 12 months and with £6234.99 in the bank we had an exciting year ahead. During last academic year we have made many donations:
- Class 4 enjoyed a ‘Chocolate Day’ with a donation of £515.
- Class 1 received a donation of £90 for new cycle helmets which allows the children to enjoy the bikes and scooters on Welly Wednesdays
- Class 2 had reading stools and a book stand for a special reading corner at a cost of £100
- Class 8 sampled food from around the world and from different eras with the help of a donation of £100 for new cooking equipment.
- Class 6 had some feathery visitors in school to support their topic work, this was funded with £125 of PTA funds.
- Class 7 had a great set of voice recorders for £96.99
- The Year 6 leavers received a farewell gift of a Geometry Set ready for their next chapter in secondary school at a cost of £88.19
- The final donation of the year was £4000 towards the new Library. This has been an exciting project to be part of and something that members of the PTA new and old are proud to say they have invested their time to raise funds towards.
Total Donations £5,115.18
Money raised during events in 2017/18 included:
- £200 from Clothing Collections
- £309.85 from the craft fair
- £519.79 for coffee sales including the raffles and tombola
- £50.79 from Easyfundraising online
Do you shop online? The PTA would like your help to raise lots of funds for the children of our school, simply go to www.easyfundraising.org.uk to support us. Every time you shop at hundreds of different retailers they will donate money towards our school. Please register to support the cause 'Weavers Close C E Primary School - Earl Shilton'. We would like to thank you in advance for your support. Look out for our fund raising events in 2018.
The Role of the PTA
The PTA – Parent Teacher Association – is exactly that – a link between the parents and teachers within the school. We share the common aim of wanting to create the best possible learning environment for the children, which stimulates nurtures and encourages their development academically, socially and personally.
The PTA’s principle role is as a fundraising body to help put the ‘cherry on the cake’ for the children at school. We work closely with the staff and governors of the school to provide additional resources and improve facilities, hopefully having fun along the way.
Every parent, with children at the school, is a member of the PTA.
It is hoped that all parents will get involved, to some degree, during the course of their children’s attendance at the school, whether it be on the committee, helping out at events or just attending events to help make them successful. All PTA members are welcome at our meetings. The dates of these meetings are publicised well in advance.
Further details can be obtained from the school office