Welcome to the Governors' page
A Message from the Chair of Governor
Thank you for visiting our Governors' page.
The School has successfully developed into a vibrant and inspiring place to learn. The Headteacher has been supported by a committed and enthusiastic teaching and support Staff, who are determined to provide the best all round education for our children.
Whilst academic achievement is important, as a school we are equally proud of the high quality of our pastoral care and success in developing the whole child. As a voluntary controlled Church of England School, we have strong links with our Parish Church. The school promotes Christian values while actively supporting diversity and community cohesion.
The Headteacher, teaching and support staff and parents will be supported by our enthusiastic, forward thinking Governing Body, as they take St Simon and St Jude from today, into its exciting tomorrow.
Chair of Governors
What does a school governor do?
Effective governing bodies work in close partnership with the headteacher in making decisions. The head,not the governing body, is responsible for the day-today leadership and management of the school.
The responsibilities of the governing body are defined in law. They are predominantly strategic and include:
- being accountable for the performance of the school;
- being involved in the planning the future direction of the school;
- promoting high standards of educational attainment;
- ensuring targets are set for pupil achievement;
- taking general responsibility for the conduct of the school;
- monitoring the school’s budget, including key staffing decisions;
- making sure the curriculum is balanced, broadly based and complies with legal requirements;
- making sure that the school provides for all its pupils, including those with special educational needs;
- in our church school, foundation governors are expected to help preserve and develop the school’s Christian character.
The governing body’s formal work and decision-making is undertaken in meetings. Their workload is managed by delegating some tasks to committees or other small groups. Committees specialise in one of a number of areas, typically curriculum, finance, staff and premises matters.
The governing body is made up of:
- parent governors
- staff representatives
- local authority governors (appointed by the local authority)
- Co-opted governors (members of the local community appointed by the governing body)
- foundation governors ( appointed by the relevant religious body)
Local Governing Body
|Governor||Appointment Type||Appointed by||Appointment ends|
|Mrs Becky Dolby-Molson||Ex-Offio/Head||DLAT|
Mrs Karen Allen
|Mrs Alex Elspass||Staff||Democratically elected||22/11/2021|
|Mr Paul Smith||Foundation||DLAT||24/09/2023|
|Mrs Jo Kehoe (Vice Chair)||Foundation||DLAT||31/03/2021|
|Mr Douglas Pegler||Co-opted||DLAT||15/06/2022|
|Mr Matthew Coote||Parent||LGB||15/06/2022|
|Mrs Georgina Joel||Foundation||DLAT||24/09/2022|
|Mr Karl Ramsbottom||Parent||DLAT||20/11/2022|
|Mrs Suzanne Uprichard||Foundation||DLAT||Ended|