The next meeting is 28th February at 2.30pm
There will be another clothing collection to raise funds for the PTA on Wednesday 3rd April. The undercroft classroom will be open on Friday 8th March and Friday 29th March from 8.45am for you to drop off your clothing donations.
Friday 5th April 8.45am - including a Raffle and Tombola.
PTA Christmas Quiz
Congratulations to the Haines family who won the Christmas Quiz. They won a pair of tickets to the pantomime at the Demontfort Hall.
PTA Coffee Morning
Our Coffee morning has raised £81.00. Thank you to all those who attended.
PTA Beetle Drive
Thank you to everyone who supported the PTA's Beetle Drive. Congratulations to Noah who won the afternoon with an overall score of 341 points!
The PTA and church fund raising team have joined forces to “design a Christmas jumper for the Vicar” competition. Thank you to all those that made a donation. The total raised was £135.71.
Congratulations to Jacob Ramsbottom who was the winner of the Christmas Jumper competition.
Thank you to everyone that supported the coffee morning on Friday 5th October. We raised £90.45 which will be split between PTA funds and Macmillan.
The school year 2017/2018 saw the school’s PTA regroup and begin fundraising again after a break of 12 months and with £6234.99 in the bank we had an exciting year ahead. During last academic year we have made many donations:
- Class 4 enjoyed a ‘Chocolate Day’ with a donation of £515.
- Class 1 received a donation of £90 for new cycle helmets which allows the children to enjoy the bikes and scooters on Welly Wednesdays
- Class 2 had reading stools and a book stand for a special reading corner at a cost of £100
- Class 8 sampled food from around the world and from different eras with the help of a donation of £100 for new cooking equipment.
- Class 6 had some feathery visitors in school to support their topic work, this was funded with £125 of PTA funds.
- Class 7 had a great set of voice recorders for £96.99
- The Year 6 leavers received a farewell gift of a Geometry Set ready for their next chapter in secondary school at a cost of £88.19
- The final donation of the year was £4000 towards the new Library. This has been an exciting project to be part of and something that members of the PTA new and old are proud to say they have invested their time to raise funds towards.
Total Donations £5,115.18
Money raised during events in 2017/18 included:
- £200 from Clothing Collections
- £309.85 from the craft fair
- £519.79 for coffee sales including the raffles and tombola
- £50.79 from Easyfundraising online
Do you shop online? The PTA would like your help to raise lots of funds for the children of our school, simply go to www.easyfundraising.org.uk to support us. Every time you shop at hundreds of different retailers they will donate money towards our school. Please register to support the cause 'Weavers Close C E Primary School - Earl Shilton'. We would like to thank you in advance for your support. Look out for our fund raising events in 2018.
The Role of the PTA
The PTA – Parent Teacher Association – is exactly that – a link between the parents and teachers within the school. We share the common aim of wanting to create the best possible learning environment for the children, which stimulates nurtures and encourages their development academically, socially and personally.
The PTA’s principle role is as a fundraising body to help put the ‘cherry on the cake’ for the children at school. We work closely with the staff and governors of the school to provide additional resources and improve facilities, hopefully having fun along the way.
Every parent, with children at the school, is a member of the PTA.
It is hoped that all parents will get involved, to some degree, during the course of their children’s attendance at the school, whether it be on the committee, helping out at events or just attending events to help make them successful. All PTA members are welcome at our meetings. The dates of these meetings are publicised well in advance.
Further details can be obtained from the school office